Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday Monday and No Rockies Tickets

Mondays are always long days. We always get up fairly early to get a head start on studying. Brandon usually spends the morning studying for a test that he has later in the day and I usually spend it getting caught up on reading.

I usually get to school around 11, do work study for four hours, then have six straight hours of class and get home around 9:20. Its a long one. Luckily though, I have my two favorite classes on Mondays--Mental Health Assessments of Adults and Trauma and Recovery. I think all my classmates think I am the biggest geek because sometimes I cannot shut up. I am a commenter. Luckily (part ii), Brandon and I don't have class together. He as a non commenter and generally thinks that the less comments the better because it increases the chance that a.) class will end early and b.) he won't have to hear someone say something stupid. My philosophy is: I'm paying for this + I'm interested in this + these are pretty serious issues x I'm actually a big academic nerd=You better believe I'm going to get a lot out of this class.

This morning was a nice exception. I just really didn't feel like getting up early, so I slept in and even convinced Brandon to sleep in too. Around 9:15 I made waffles with our new waffle iron that we got for our wedding. It was a nice morning

At ten o'clock we desperately tried to buy tickets for the baseball world championship finals. You can tell how much I know about baseball because I don't even know the right name. I do know, however, that the Rockies and the Red Sox are going and it is a pretty big deal.


Unfortunately, ticket sales didn't even begin until 10--meaning that we were trying to buy tickets along with the ENTIRE UNIVERSE at the EXACT SAME TIME. As a result, we kept getting 'problem loading page' messages and are empty handed. Sorry husband, we tried! Maybe you can mug this guy and get in and see the games. No one will ever know!

4 comments:

Ryan said...

That's too bad on the tickets. Maybe you could try and get tickets to the world championship finals of football.

David Rogers said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed getting caught up on your blog. I haven't yet been able to decide what kind of kilt I am going to order, and even though Alison is my beloved daughter, I think maybe I'm glad I don't sit in class with her.

For "sport" Alison, try matching these events with their correct sports by writing in the number of the correct sport in the blank next to it's associated event:

EVENTS:
A. World Cup ________
B. Wimbledon ________
C. Superbowl ________
D. The Masters ________
E. "March Madness" ________

SPORTS:
1. Pro Football
2. Golf
3. Soccer
4. Men's College Basketball
5. Tennis

Kersten said...

So, were the Rockies dispatched in less than a week?

Sad times for Denverites.

Alison said...

yes the rockies were swept. while i honestly didn't watch more than 20 minutes of the world championship of baseball finals, it is a bummer but still way cool they made it as far as they did.

and dad...that test is way too hard. I'm pretty sure Wimbledon is tennis though. Mom always used to say she knews my bday was coming when Wimbeldon is on. I would have guessed that The Masters was swimming but that isn't even an option.