Monday, October 29, 2007

Handlebar Mustache

Brandon had to leave for work earlier than I did last Saturday. I heard him bustling about the bathroom, giving himself his routine haircut and shave. He hadn't shaved for about two weeks, which I don't mind. I think he looks cute with scruff. Anyways, when Brandon was finally ready to leave, he came in our dark room to give me a kiss goodbye. As I opened my eyes, I saw something different...wait...is that a HANDLEBAR MUSTACHE??

Indeed it was. I didn't get a good view of it, however, since I didn't fully recognize the atrocity until he was already out the door.

And sure enough, I get home Saturday night to see the mustache in its fullest. While mustaches scream 'Eek! Child Molester!', this one just grates your eyeballs and makes you mumble under your breath: 'I bet that guy loves his motorbike, Mountain Dew, hockey, and shotguns.' No offense to those that simultaneously love motorbikes, Mountain Dew, hockey, and shotguns, I just don't relate and don't really care to. I asked him if it was part of some Halloween costume and he unfortunately said no. Someone at church asked him about it and I think his answer was something along the lines of, "I don't know, it just happened." Ha, ha.

I haven't yet had a chance to take a picture of it yet, but this image is strikingly close.

FYI everyone: I do freelance art. Microsoft paint is my medium of choice. As you can tell, I'm especially talented.

Back to the mustache: He can keep it as long as he wants. He cleans the microwave and lets me put my cold feet between his legs. Not to mention the fact that I just genuinely want to spend all my time with him. I might just poke fun at the handlebar mustache every now and then. Come to think of it, that'll probably just feed his joke even more. ;)

1 comment:

Clay Allred said...

Hooray for handlebar mustaches!!!! I grew on on our honeymoon and I accredit that for the passion leslie has for me...

Nice work Brandon!