Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Few Items

Today has been a tremendous day for me in many ways, which I would like to share with you.

1. My fantasy baseball team exited the basement for the first time in many months--and we did it with style. I woke up to find a 5.5 point gain to rocket me from a solid 10th place to 9th and only 1 point out of 8th. This was a major moral victory for me. I've wanted it for a long time.

2. I'm super psyched about the Olympics. You can watch a different sport every half-hour or so. Plus, every fraction of a second of action is crucially important to these people. I realized that this is amazing. I can only relate it to March Madness because you can pick it up at any moment, but it's hard to put down. The Olympics have the potential to provide constant competitive stimulation. You can pull for someone you've never even heard of and if they lose you just move on to the next event which is likely to be equally as hard-core as the one before.

3. Seeing President Bush attending the Olympics has confirmed the fact that I have developed a solid man-crush on him. You can say what you want about the decisions he has made as president. I disagree with many of them myself. I just think that we could be really good buddies because he looks like he knows how to have a good time. Plus, don't you think that if he did some cameos in movies or hosted Saturday Night Live that he would be hilarious? I do. He cracks me up just watching him watch stuff.

4. You may have noticed a wave of manfulness radiating out of Denver this morning. The reason is that the handlebar moustache went into effect at 9:30 am. The handlebar moustache is the climax of my usual facial hair cycle. Scientific studies have shown that I get maximum facial hair splendor with the handlebars as graphed below.

5. I love the Batman voice. I want to master it so that I can really intimidate deadbeats into giving me information while remaining anonymous. Some people think that the Batman voice is over the top. I think that it is entirely appropriate and very impressive. I hope they make several more Batman movies and then someone edits out all of the Batman-voiced lines and compiles them into an album that I can listen to in the morning to get psyched up. Batman is freaking awesome.

3 comments:

Samuel R said...

I just don't know how you do it Brandon.

Kristen said...

Here's an official call for a picture of the so-called "handlebar moustache". I caught a glimpse of the hairy creature living on Brandon's lip last night at church, and I'd have to classify it under "fu-man-chu" more than "handlebar".

Cait said...

Some of the kids in my class talk like batman randomly. i always laugh even though as a teacher I am supposed to restore order instead of encourage it. oh well.