Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Couple Pics

Last Saturday, Alison and I biked out to the Cherry Creek Reservoir. Here's a picture of us and our human-powered hogs. The trip ended up being about 25 miles in length, which set new couple and personal records for us. Also, I believe that we biked farther than Michael Phelps did last week, which is something to be proud of.


I've decided to honor this soon-to-be-defunct handlebar moustache with a name. He shall be known as "El Stāche" (yes, pronounced with the long "a"). It would be wise not to make eye contact when looking at El Stāche because you will likely become weak in the knees and become overcome with a desire to submit your will to El Stāche's. Excuse another Lord of the Rings reference, but El Stāche is the closest thing to the eye of Sauron outside of Middle Earth. Also, El Stāche might steal your soul.

This is a completely accurate depiction of Alison's relationship with El Stāche. She hates him with her whole soul (which she has managed to retain despite El Stāche's constant presence) and wishes for his speedy demise.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

El Stache is scary. I was surprised how thick it really is. Do I need to come rescue my sister from the evil of El Stache?

Ryan Wiemer said...

25 miles is actually pretty far. Way to go you two. I actually think your stache is pretty cool...maybe Alison just needs to get used to it. Maybe not?!?

Becky Rogers said...

Oops, I am on someone elses computer checking blogs. The comment above was made by me...Becky Rogers

Natalie and Bryan said...

I dig El Stache. Maybe there will be a sequel ...