Monday, June 30, 2008

This weekend...

I tried Flamin' Hot Cheetos for the first time. I have felt compelled to eat them for a while now...all the kids I work with LOVE them and I've been curious about their fluorescent red tint. Brandon picked them up when he bought snacks for our hike on Saturday.

I do want to clarify that they were the Flamin' Hot Cheetos con Limon variation. That whole Flamin' Hot franchise wouldn't be worth eating at all if they didn't have the con Limon option. That citrus-y kick at the end eases the burning which then makes me less worried about their overall toxicity.

I was impressed with how truly flamin' hot they were as well as how badly they stain your fingertips. When you eat them, you have to look into the bag to find the exact one you want and then delicately pick it out. If you don't, you're entire hand will be this powdery red mess that could destroy anything and everything.

The first one I ate made me grimace and swear to never eat another, although within about two minutes I felt brave enough to try another and then another...then on the way home from the mountains I ate several more, almost enjoying them.

The jury is still out as to whether or not I will eat them again. I have a feeling that if they are in front of me I'll have a handful but doubt I will ever intentionally seek them out. Any Flamin' Hot experiences to share?

3 comments:

Samuel R said...

We used to eat them before tennis matches in High School and then feel absolutely terrible. Those were fun times.

Natalia said...

Hello LaMarrs! This is Jon and Natalia Anderson. We found you from the Cheneys blog. You guys are so funny we need to get together sometime soon...we can eat flamin' hot cheetos!

Cait said...

Alison, you need to write a book. You are too hilarious. Also happy Bday tomorrow!! yay patriotic birthday!