Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Once

My dad has been gushing about this movie, Once. Every time we talk he asks if I've seen it yet and when I say I haven't, he says, "Put it in your queue Alison, I promise--you will love it. Watch it." We finally watched it last weekend and I quickly understood why he loved it so...it's mostly about music and a little about love. For those of you that do not know my dad, he is about the sweetest and most loving person out there---AND---he secretly wishes he could be a famous musician.

My dad was right, I loved it. The story is really simple and Brandon thought it was a glorified music video (it kind of was). But at the bottom of the simplicity and behind the great music is a sweet story.

The movie is over a year old so I am way behind the times, but I just had to write about it because hopefully it will get me to stop thinking about it. I have that personality...I fall in love with something, become slightly obsessed with it, and run it into the ground. The film is rated R for a lot of f-bombs, so there are several of you who won't ever see it. Here is a scene so you can at least get a taste of the sweetness. I think I've watched it on youtube every morning this week as I ate breakfast. The scene really is just a music video, but the producer's reponse as well as the song make it worth it to me every time.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

When David told me about it it was already on my Netflix list. I loved it and thought the music was wonderful.

Samuel R said...

I watched that video clip yesterday and for some reason have thought about it often. Music is such an amazing medium to capture, channel, and express our emotions. It is baffling to me how it does that.

Leslie said...

Thanks for putting that up. Really beautiful.