Friday, June 13, 2008

2.7 Miles High

Alison's parents and brother were in town last weekend for her graduation which was awesome. After all of the ceremonies, we all decided to get high. No-not on drugs. That's actually impossible now because one of Alison's many degrees is from D.A.R.E. We actually hiked to the top of one of Colorado's famed "14ers" named Mt. Evans. It was an easy hike for us because we're all in really good shape. It only took 10-15 minutes to hike to the top.

Mt. Evans is the tallest mountain in the world. As a consequence, the top was very cold and windy. I was nearly blown off of a very steep cliff. I would have gone Gandalf on everyone and become a white wizard, but that fire-whip didn't come up and grab me. While I was holding on for my life, Alison decided to snap a photo. I'm glad she didn't have to scream "Nooooooo!" like Frodo did.

It all turned out cool in the end for everyone....

...except Gandalf.


It would be irresponsible to talk about Gandalf without mentioning this one--a classic.

6 comments:

Samuel R said...

you know i wanted to go save you but dad was holding me back.

The Websters said...

Congrats on the 1 year mark and Graduation!

Leslie said...

You all look like happy little hobbits up there. Especially Alison with her hoodie.

David Rogers said...

that was such a fun hike! but i just dont get all the fuss people make about climbing 14teeners....it was way easier than I ever thought it would be.

Kristen said...

Way to go Gandalf, I mean, Allison and Brandon:)

The Cowley Tribe said...

Those pictures are amazing! It looks like you are on Everest. Congratulations on all your accomplishments! I hope you didn't have to throw your wedding rings in a volcano because they kept turning you invisible.