Sunday, May 1, 2011

Inspiration, Por Favor

Give it to me folks. I wanna write a blog people, I really do. I just can't think of what to write about. I'm not good at travelogues and the whatnot. What do you want to hear about? Inspire me. Give me ideas and I'll see what I can do.

These are the tidbits on my mind:

I have lots of adorable baby photos that I just took off my camera. That little boy of ours is pretty awesome.

We had a fantastic weekend in the mountains. It was windy but we saw deer and caterpillar cocoons had a fire and I'm now over the fact that I was a bad mom and got Russell a little sunburned (even though I almost cried about it last night).

I've been watching American Idol and have opinions about everyone. Sometimes I feel kind of embarrassed about it, but really, it is a great excuse to eat ice cream mid-week, debate about something extremely trivial with Brandon, and then text my sister and dad about it the next day. One of the latest issues of People has the most hilarious picture of Scotty McCreary; it looks like he is wearing pink lipstick, which was likely not intentional because he is the most conservative, innocent contestant.

Osama bin Laden is dead and it is weird. It feels bizarre to celebrate the death of someone, as evil a person as he likely was.

My garden is growing--my basil just sprouted which was a 'phew' because for some reason it popped up later than everything else. I'm thinking I should thin the radishes because there are like a million of them, but I don't really know how. And plus, I feel successful when I see all the green in my garden.

I saw four coyotes crossing the street near my house the other day.  I was sad Brandon wasn't with me because he would have gotten excited and asked if I had the camera.

Russell has been acting crazy lately.  He wakes up at night now, and he never used to.

I wanna go on a date with my husband but I don't want to leave him with someone because he'll probably scream nonstop and I'd feel both guilty for subjecting that person to misery and sick to my stomach that my baby was so distressed. But we've only had one date since the baby was born and it is time.

We started giving him solids last week and now when I eat in front of him, he leans forward and opens his mouth all funny, expecting me to feed my apple or cereal to him.  Sorry bud, not for a while still.

The other day, we went to Baskin Robbins 31 cent scoop night and it was bomb. We each got three scoops of ice cream in a waffle cone and the total was like $2.39 or something. I ate most of mine, but had to give the rest to Brandon. The best flavor was Gold Medal Ribbon. So gooey and rich.

Soon we will have to start using the air conditioner and take the down comforter off our bed but that's OK because we do live in Arizona and that's what happens here.  But at least it is a dry heat.

We'll soon start swimming in our pool a lot. If you come and visit, we'll have a major pool party, but we probably won't play Marco Polo because I kinda hate that game. We can do cannonballs and drink sugary pop and listen to pop music (just not Katy Perry because she wants to go all the way tonight and that is not a good message for the youth of today).

I'm reading the Lisbeth Salander books and wish they weren't so salacious and gruesome but I'm going to finish them anyway because I'm like that.

I kinda want to dye my hair platinum blond.

I need a new pair of black flip flops because I threw out the pair I wore last summer because by the end of my pregnancy, that was the only shoe that fit and once the baby was born, looking at them brought back unpleasant memories of my swollen feet and limbs.  They looked hideous, I'm not gonna lie.

 See? I have a little to say about a lot...but I can say a lot about a little if ya'll inspire me with the right topic
 6 months!
 Love.
 I get to be the only girl.
Those roses are on the bush right outside our bedroom window. Pretty great, eh? 

7 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

love this post! Leave Russell with your parents--they won't mind the screaming and you guys can go to cheesecake factory! ;) You should dye your hair platinum-- it would look great!

Taylor said...

Um all those tidbits were perfect blog fodder. I loved hearing them.

Date night is tricky. it is especially hard to leave your first. It was easier for me to have someone come over after she was sleeping in bed, so that I could *HOPE* she just slept the whole time.

I hear you about those pregnancy shoes, and as a funny/interesting side note: it was actually your dad that made me feel awful when my kids get sunburnt. Of course, he wasn't trying to cause this sort of reaction (He's too nice and fun for that) and I"ll spare you what he said but it for ever makes me feel AWFUL if my kids get even the slightest bit sunburned. so I understand how you feel. NO worries, though. You are a wonderful mom. Do not feel bad.

Cait said...

haha I can't decide if I want to dye my hair platinum blonde or brown once this bebe is out of me! Do blondes really have more fun?

ALSO we should have a baby pool party in June when we come to Tucson! I will bring watermelon -if I can find a good one in Arizona. Woot!

Also i LOVE your roses! Mine is unhealthy and I am too lazy to saw off the diseased part.

Sharon said...

Russell's smile is so cute! I volunteer to babysit when we get back from Mexico (Even this Friday night if it works out). But you have to decide quick because we'll be gone for China soon :)

Leslie said...

More American Idol opinions (have you seen J-Lo's new music videos- so scandalous, and yet she's so motherly on the show, not to mention a mother), and more pictures of Russell. Those are my votes. I'm jealous of your garden- radishes? Wow!

Shelley said...

I love your blog. I love hearing about Russell and seeing lots and lots of photos. Let us know how the date night conundrum works out.

David said...

great pictures and terrific blog. You know you can talk us into watching Russell whenever you want !
Love you guys.