Monday, May 30, 2011

Desert Life and Video Bonaza

OK, so there are 4 videos in this post.  Total overkill, I know.  The cutest one is the last one.  But I mentioned one last week and never delivered and some new ones have happened in this past week.  There are two snake videos, mostly for Brandon's dad to see but others might find them Animal Planety (?).  And the other one of Russell is interesting only if you like to track the growth and development of babies. So without further ado....

Yesterday, as I was heading out for some errands, this is what I found in the garage:
Except it was on the driver's side of my car and made me scream repeatedly.  As you can see, it was not a rattlesnake.  Brandon was a big hero, captured it, and put it in our backyard in the hopes that it will eat rodents, specifically the ones that are terrorizing the garden.



Ignore the part where I scream and talk like a complete wuss.  Please.

I'm not sure if Tucson has officially reached 100, but it certainly feels like summer is officially here.  This morning I took off our heavy down comforter and we've started sleeping with the windows closed, which is one of the saddest things I have to do all year.  The AC has been running and we are bound to see the aftermath in our electric bill.  We've been grilling, swimming, eating Frostys, Eegees and Orange Leaf (frozen yogurt mix-in place), and I'm trying to remember to wear a hat if I'm going to be outside for more than five minutes.

Russell is now over seven months....this month has been a big one for him!  His first tooth popped up last week and he is officially quite mobile, having learned a slither motion that gets him from A to B quite well--although he is often whining out of frustration as he does it.  His current obsession seems to be this game called Putting Dangerous or Dirty Things in My Mouth and he is very good at it.  His favorites seem to be saran wrap, flip-flops, computer cords, tissue paper, and the salt shaker and I know he is only going to get more and more skilled (i.e. knives, pills, raw meat) at it in the near future.  Just as I know that my life is rapidly becoming a really great game called Cleaning Up After Baby.  I'm not as good at that game as Russell is at his.  But you know, whatev.

Below is a video of Russell walking along our ottoman, something he gets better and better at each day.  The video is fairly long but since our computers are from the Stone Age and are super slow, editing it is out of the question because I would go crazy and poke out my eyes, making me unable to attend to my child as he plays his new game, Putting Dangerous or Dirty Things in My Mouth.  

This is another video, taken about a month ago, but it is pretty silly because Russell had the giggles.  Again, ignore my voice and the stupid things I say.  I need to learn to stay quiet while filming, but quiet is one of those games that I'm not too good at either.
Happy Memorial Day! 

8 comments:

The Rogers said...

Oh Allison, Russell is such a cutie! I love his laugh! I also can't believe he is walking along the furniture!!
and you are one brave girl with that snake! not sure what I would have done!
I hope we get to see you guys soon, I want to see Russell!!!

Leslie said...

The best part of the snake video was definitely your screams and "I'm so freaked out by that" comment. Brandon is quite the snake charmer. And Russell's laugh was amazing! I didn't realize he is so mobile. Owen slithers too, but is very slow and hasn't become too much of a trouble-maker yet.

Taylor said...

The laughing video is totally cute and I would have been very freaked out by the snake too.

Kersten said...

I never say this, but this is worth it: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. THAT SNAKE IS ENORMOUS. I'm skeezed out by it, and I'm a full state away.

And Russell is still adorable.

That is all.

Shelley said...

Nothing better than a laughing baby.
Nothing worse than snakes. Totally creepy. I think you handled it quite well. Did you ever figure out what kind of snake it was.

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

that snake is huuuuuge! ps Russell is ADORABLE!!!

Kaitie Jayne said...

Creepy! Did you know that Logan's brother breeds and sells snakes? I can't believe that Russell can walk along furniture! Lucy is nowhere near that (lucky for me!). =)

Samuel R said...

next week I would like you to post a video of brandon taming a javelina