Friday, May 30, 2008

A Few Things

1.) Wasn't Brandon great on Jeopardy?? Thanks to all that emailed, sent text messages, phone messages, commented on our blog etc. Larissa Kelly (the woman that came in 1st on Brandon's episode) finally lost on Tuesday so she actually had a pretty decent winning streak. I think if Brandon didn't happen to go up against someone who was getting her PhD in something as esoteric as 'What people thought of Mexican architecture in the 19th Century' and had a husband, mother AND sister who had already been on Jeopardy, Brandon might have come out on top. But there was no doubt that she was a talented girl. 2nd place, however, and the mere opportunity to be on the show pretty much proved that my husband is one talented cookie.

2.) I have ONE more paper and then I am no longer a graduate student. In a way, it is kind of sad and in another way, I'll be glad to have a life back.

3.) On Monday, I participated in the largest 10k in the country, the Bolder Boulder. I came in 21, 872nd place. There were bands and belly dancers and little kids everywhere. You gotta love infamous hippie communities like Boulder. It was the first time in a LONG time I ran 6 miles, but it went well--largely because I got to run with a fun friend (I'd post a picture, but I haven't gotten her permission yet!). We might have even done it in under an hour which for me is pretty good, especially for not training much.

4.) Our condo building finally opened the pool so if anyone wants to come over for a pool party, we're real good at Marco Polo.

Summer is in the air...

2 comments:

Cait said...

Brandon was awesome on jeopardy. I loved how he talked about eating cereal asleep.

CONGRATs on graduating so soon! It feels good to be done! I finally have a life again and soon you will too!

Leslie said...

Way to go on the 10k. What a fun race!