Saturday, April 19, 2008

Clarification

Abrade:
transitive verb1 a: to rub or wear away especially by friction b: to irritate or roughen by rubbing2: to wear down in spirit : irritate, weary

When I read Brandon's post, I turned to him and said, "You're really weird."

Then, I had to secretly look up "abrade." I got an idea of what it meant from his post, but wanted to be sure. Who in their spare time thinks up anagrams to random phrases? I had basically forgotten what an anagram was until I got to know Brandon.

And, it really didn't take me that long to notice my husband's cleanly shaven face. This is how it happened...I walk in the door from a long day at a conference about couples therapy, go immediately to the kitchen table to dump all my bags while saying the normal "Hi honey, how are you." Then I walk over to the sofa kiss him and that's when I notice the lack of the Amish Beard. "Ahh!" I exclaim. "It's gone!" Then I stroke his hairless face with a smile.

It was about a 45 second process.

A few minutes later, after we each discussed our day, I got up from the sofa, headed towards our bedroom, and raised my arms over my head, hands in a fist-- a Rocky style cheering motion.

"What's that about?" Brandon asks.

"No more beard!!"

"I thought you liked it"

"I said I 30% liked it and 70% didn't like it." I turned around, smiled at him and said, "I just really like your shaven face, that's all."

Clarification #2: Regardless of Brandon's facial hair or posting style, he's still my favorite person in the whole world.

That's all. I just needed to let the Internet know those few things.

No comments: