Friday, April 18, 2008

Abrades Him

Today, I cut off the Amish beard. That phase of my life is over for now, but I leave it with many fond memories. I've been able to reflect on my beard and I think that the best way to express my feelings are through anagrams of the term "Amish beard".

"Abrades Him"--my beard went through a couple of really itchy phases but I wouldn't say that it was really abrasive to me. A more appropriate phrase might have been "abrades her" because of the sensation that Alison felt on her face when we greeted each other. In fact, she didn't notice that I shaved it off tonight until she kissed me. I could have made "abrades her" if I had grown a "She-Ra beard" but that just doesn't make any sense. Also, having a She-Ra beard might abrade my masculine image.

"Bad Hairs Me"--some people didn't seem to think that my beard was my best look. They thought these hairs were bad on me. If you want to know who, just look at the comments for that post. The Amish beard did help me to connect with a simpler life and Abe Lincoln, but it was not my most attractive look. I'm not expecting this style of beard to become fashionable any time soon.

"Hairs Be Mad"--when I looked at the disembodied beard hairs on the bathroom floor, they looked back at me angrily with their hair-eyes. I felt like I had betrayed them. We had grown so close and shared so much. I hope that someday they will forgive me.

1 comment:

Clay Allred said...

Brandon, you have the weirdest hobbies but you are a talented anagrammist. :)