Monday, February 4, 2008

I'll Eventually Get Around to It

You know you need new windshield wipers when the rubber wiping piece starts to flap around as you drive...I kept saying that I'd eventually get around to changing them, but you know, never did. That drive home last Thursday in the big snow storm was sure fun when I couldn't see a thing. So thank you Brandon for helping me get that situation sorted out.

I am realizing that I am the queen of "I'll Eventually Get Around to It."

For instance, over the Christmas holiday we bought a beautiful framed picture that we would like to hang in our living room. It has now been propped on the floor for a month and a half because neither Brandon nor I have gotten around to it...mainly because of me, I'll admit. I don't want to stress about where to hang it, do we have the right supplies, do we need to move the other items we hung and then where will those go?, etc. So that picture now seems to belong on the floor. And the sad thing is, I'm totally OK with that.

Other examples include the massive pile of clothes I have piled on my desk chair. Some of them need to be dry-cleaned, some just need to be put away, but others I might just wear tomorrow...so I just let that pile build because, you know, I'll eventually get around to cleaning it up. Maybe.

There's also the fact that I still haven't officially changed my name and my car has been needing an oil change for oh, about nine months. We still have mounds of gift cards that we need to spend from our wedding, I haven't yet taken some Christmas presents back that didn't work out...I could probably go on and on but I don't want you to think that I'm a complete slacker. It is just that I keep finding others things that seem more pressing. Like blogging. Writing papers. Watching Planet Earth. You know, the important things.

Am I the only one with this problem?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I'll eventually get around to cleaning out old leftover Tupperware containers in the fridge, dusting my shelves, and taking out the recycling.

Elizabeth said...

Not at all! I have the same 'sydrome' with everything I do, but if I had gift cards laying around, I would not postpone a shopping trip! Yep, that's right, self-indulgence for me!

Melanie said...

Alison! Is it possible you got this from your AUNT? Guilty!