Saturday, December 22, 2007

In Case You Were Wondering....

I have been out of school for about three weeks now and have only posted twice since then...I realized that blogging is a form of procrastination for me, usually to avoid school. And since I haven't had any school...I guess I've just been, well, living and enjoying myself. Now I am writing to avoid getting ready for work. Which means I have just twenty minutes. Ready set go!

We've been able to go to Christmas parties, the Colorado Symphony, catch up with friends we haven't seen in a while, put up Christmas decorations, drink hot chocolate, and clean up some clutter.

Here are some random highlights:

1.) We made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers, candy, and super sugary frosting at cubscouts last week. For those of you that don't know, Brandon and I are Webelos (10 year old Cub Scouts) leaders for our church. For the activity, though, we did it with all the Cub Scouts (seven total). It was fun, although we were so busy helping the kids, we didn't get a chance to make our own. Not to mention, we've eaten a PURE SUGAR DIET since Thanksgiving and didn't need the extra cavity inducers in our home. Here are some of the creations:

Fun, eh? Despite all the mumbling we do about Cub Scouts, it is actually pretty fun and rewarding.

2.) Brandon finished finals on Thursday! He just has one semester left of academic classes (and then a whole year of rotations). There is light at the end of the tunnel...even if he can't quite see it yet.

3.) I got nostalgic for Christmas music of my childhood and actually bought the Carpenter's Christmas album from itunes. I couldn't believe I didn't have it on my ipod and couldn't bear to not have it anymore. Luckily, it was on sale for 7.99 AND I don't have to deal with the crappy plastic casing since it is all digital. Now Brandon and I are trying to stop this love affair we have with Karen Carpenter because she's dead.

4.) I got a pager and a tape recorder to use at my internship. Not only can my clients get a hold of me whenever, but my supervisor can review what I say in my sessions for all the quality assurance and professional development stuff. While those things sounds like a drag, I am happy about it. I love what I do and love growing into my role as 'theapist'--I am finding my niche and it feels GREAT. So satisfying.

5.) In addition to all the candy we've been around lately, I made two batches of cookies that were, to put it simply, THE BOMB. I brought some to my internship, set them on a table during a meeting, and watched people reach for seconds, thirds, and even fourths. Finally, one of my supervisors turned to me and said, "What did you put in these, crack? I cannot stop eating them!" I inappropriately replied, "If you put a lighter underneath them, let them get all warm, and then inhale, they are even better." We are a drug and alcohol treatment center, so we are allowed to joke about drugs. I guess. But them cookies--I promise you, they was gooouud.

6.) We'll be in Rocky Point (Puerto Penansco) in less than a week!!! Here we come beach. I finally get to introduce Brandon to quirky Rocky Point, eat fresh tortillas, and watch that tide move in and out. Can't wait.

7.) I have to work Christmas Eve. :( In retail hell, too. I am paying my dues, though, since I missed Thanksgiving, am missing the week after Christmas, which is even busier than the week before, and escaped pretty much ALL of last year's Christmas season. They essentially pay me to do my homework at night and allow me to work less than everyone else. I guess I have to make it worth their while to employ me. Hopefully I won't sulk my way through it.

8.) We passed our six months of marriage mark! And it has been the BEST six months.

If we don't write again before the holidays...peace and goodwill to all. XOXOX

1 comment:

Becky Rogers said...

Good luck to Brandon with his last semester to go!!! Keep us updated on how school is going for him.