Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Things That Will Make Your Life Better

1) Homemade leftovers, especially during finals week.

I know you are probably thinking "finals week? We haven't even had Thanksgiving yet!?" My program, however, is on the quarter system which means it goes super fast and we start and end at odd times.

But back to leftovers, they are seriously the best. A couple weeks ago we made a gigantic thing of a super yummy taco soup because we had the missionaries over for dinner and ended up with tons extra. That soup satisfied us for the whole next week.

This week we have been having an endless supply of yellow curry, with a recipe supplied by Leslie. Seriously, each time I eat it, it gets better. I don't know if it is because I am so frazzled, busy, and in desperate need of a meal at the end of the day, or if it is that good. Probably both.

So, if any of ya'll have good recipes that make for great leftovers, send 'em our way. Now I gotta go...our Relief Society is having their last free yoga class of the year. I can't miss it!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

i'm glad you like the curry. I made chicken pot pie for the first time, and that made delicious leftovers. It's in the Test Kitchen cookbook.

Alison said...

i've been wanting to make a chicken pot pie, actually. i don't have the test kitchen cookbook...if you have a chance, type it up and email it to me. or bring it up to gmas and i'll hand write it out. xoxo!

Jeff and Lisa Elder Blog said...

Brandon and Allison,

I was reading Ryan and Liz's blog and saw the link to yours and came to read. What a good thing for me on a day that I needed a laugh. Loved the Federline video the crockpot stories and the better and worse blog entries. Thankyou for the laugh and it's great to see your doing well.
Love, Lisa Elder

Ryan said...

LaMmer the HaMmer - I tagged you on my blog - check it.

Late

T-Lay