Monday, November 5, 2007

If you don't like hearing about mundane things, don't read this

As Brandon and I reflected on our recent blog entries, we both realized that the most blog-worthy events that occurred in our lives over the past two weeks were 1.) not getting Rockies tickets for the baseball world championships finals 2.) Brandon's handlebar mustache and 3.) Kevin Federline. Man oh man, aren't our lives exciting? I know you are all jealous!

Now: on to something more exciting.

Its official. I have gotten over my fear of crockpots. Yup, and I bet you are jealous. Prior to this week, I would think about using the crockpot and get this sinking, anxious feeling. I was worried they would burn our house down or that I would somehow be the only one in the history of crockpot users to mess up. Plus, I actually enjoy cooking and trying out new recipes and somehow irrationally concluded that if I were to start regularly using a crockpot, we would be on the downward spiral to only eating casseroles with cream of chicken soup and ground hamburger.

Alas, none of that has happened. Our house is still standing, the food never burned, and I still have an interest in cooking. We used the crockpot to make tortilla soup a week ago and then yesterday to make some pork sandwiches (yes, believe it or not, I ate pork, enjoyed it, and will probably do it again. Walls may just start crumbling). Actually, Brandon was in charge of the whole pork thing so if I ever have to do it by myself, that nervous feeling might come back.

Other ridiculously mundane things in our lives include:
1.) We saw The Darjeeling Limited on Saturday night. We enjoyed it. If you like whimsical details, underplayed humor, and watching dysfunctional families reconnect, go see it.

2.) Brandon bought a ridiculous amount of Halloween candy when it went on sale Nov. 1. While he got some of the good stuff, we now have a giant bag of the Willy Wonka candies--laffy taffy, nerds, runts, sweet tarts, etc. All the stuff I thought you grew out of by age 12. This morning, though, I did hear some pretty good laffy taffy wrapper jokes.

3.) We get to activate a Costco membership this week.

Stay tuned for more nail-biting excitement. You won't want to miss what we have to tell you next.

2 comments:

The Cowley Tribe said...

Let's make an agreement...if we are ever on a spiritual journey in India we won't wear shoes. I loved that movie.

Elizabeth said...

This is excitement for me! Our husbands our way too similar, so I get a good laugh every time I read what you guys are up to. The handle bar mustache made Ryan laugh for days. He even drew me an image, just so I could imagine it even more!