Friday, June 26, 2009

Proof that We Moved

Like I said earlier, we had wonderful support as we left Denver. They even supported Brandon's deepest desire to hurl our home sweet home objects off our balcony.

(Brandon's dad, Bob, and our good friend Duke did the throwing...er...I mean lowering. Brandon's brother Bryce kind of helped.)

(Brandon, his brother Josh, and Duke's dad are waiting to get crushed)

At first I was scared that our couch would get damaged, but when I saw this, I worried that my husband and a few other husbands would get damaged in the process. Luckily everyone came out OK. Even the couch.

Empty apartments look so weird. Especially after you've lived in them for 2 years.


I was a little sad about that.

Our caravan in all its glory. Look how big that moving truck is! And yes, it is towing a car. And that red car behind it is my car. (That's the abandoned hospital behind us. Now that you see it, don't you totally agree that the I am Legend vampires are living there?!)

I kept such a good eye on the road.

We both breathed a sigh of relief when we crossed this state line.

Getting even closer...

Southern Arizona is pretty, I promise.
We fulfilled a childhood fantasy by stopping at The Thing. I won't tell you what it is because that would ruin the surprise when you are fifteen miles outside of Wilcox, Arizona, have been in the car for about 17 hours, and need a break. But I will tell you that it was certainly worth a dollar.

I'm not sure if Brandon agreed. He was tired of driving that stupid van.
Of course, the couch was also the hardest thing to move in and required all the male help we could muster. I watched and tried to look pretty.

My 6'5 bro looks kind of funny squatting down to get that couch in, don't you think?

We made it. Time to eat.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm still not sure how lowering the couch worked. Sorry I told you that story about the people who had their moving truck stolen in the middle of the night right before you moved- that was not very smart. i'm glad you made it there. I can't believe you are all in Tucson but me...makes me a little homesick! What is the Thing??? I want to know and will probably never go.

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

wow that's crazy that you're back in tuscon! those moving pictures are hilarious! ;)

Cait said...

Wow. Seeing your couch pictures makes me glad we sold ours before we moved! Lowering it from the balcony looked sketchy!

AND Chase and I have driven past the thing sign all the time and never stopped. Now I am regretting it! :)