Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Paris Day 2

For some reason I haven't yet gone through the photos for Paris Day 1. But that doesn't make this batch of photos any less fun (for us at least). There are some typos in the video and like the last one, the resolution gets kind of crappy when you enlarge the movie.

And as for what we have to say about Paris: We loved it! Our stay there was one of the highlights of our entire trip and we could have easily spent another week there. There was so much to do and we didn't even to do 1/2 of it, which means that we'll have to go back! It was probably the neatest city I have ever visited and it had this intoxicating aura about it...I found myself wanting to know what everything was and soak in all things Parisian. As we walked through the city, I was constantly asking Brandon what things were because everything was beautiful, historic, or interesting. Eventually, Brandon just had to say, "I don't know what that is--this is just Paris! There are incredible things everywhere--if they were anywhere else, they would be the center of attention, but in Paris, they are meaningless."

One of the neatest things, however, was seeing the city with Brandon. He served in Paris for six months on his LDS mission. He still remembered the layout of the city and his French language skills came back to him without a problem. He showed me some of his favorite places, introduced me to heavenly French pastries, cheeses, and baguettes, and I could tell he was in heaven being back.

We were blessed to be able to stay with a friend of Brandon's...Kiki was an amazing hostess who fed us delicious French food, let us crash at her house for 3 nights, and even took two days off work to sightsee with us. Thank you Kiki!! Tucson, Arizona is in no way near as cool as Paris, but if you ever want to come, we are happy to return your gracious favor.

So with that, here's another video.



On another note--we have only 3 more nights in Denver. At this point, my anxiousness with getting this move over with is outweighing my sadness about leaving. Our apartment is a disaster and just as it seems like we are almost ready, we realize there is more to pack, clean, toss, donate, or fix. Yikes!

6 comments:

Cait said...

Sounds like a busy trip! i remember eating crepes after seeing the sacred heart place too when I went to Paris. I also remember eating at a cafe and having some guy walk by and vomit in the bushes. I'm glad you didn't have that same experience there.

Shelley said...

So jealous. Thanks for sharing. I've been to Paris once for a day. This was over 30 years ago when we went to pick up Brett from Helsinki. We stopped in Paris on the way home. I remember running through the Louvre and getting lost on the subway.

Sharon said...

I like your pic video! I'm so happy that you had so much fun there! We miss you two!

Natalia said...

The pics just kept getting better as they got sillier. I am so bummed Avi was sick on sunday...we didn't get to say goodbye in person! I doubt we will see you guys before you leave but we love you and we always have blogging!

David Rogers said...

I love your posts and your videos! Thanks for taking the time to make them...i know how time consuming they can really be. I am so hppy that you had the chance to go to Europe and especially Paris. I've never been but now am determined that i must! Can't wait to see you soon.

xxo

Melanie said...

Alison, I am thrilled you and Brandon got to make this fabulous trip. Roark and I LOVED Paris! Your video was so familiar, all those wonderful sights -- now I'm ready to hop on the next plane (SLC direct to Paris on Delta)! David, you and Jayne have to go!