Monday, May 4, 2009

Conversation

So I can't fall asleep because I have a ridiculous Lady GaGa (seriously, that's her name?) song running through my head along with visions of Craig's List apartment listings. I guess I just diagnosed myself with audio/visual hallucinations. Psychosis here I come...

But the conversation I am really going to write about took place a few days ago as Brandon and I were falling asleep. It is more or less as follows:

Brandon: My feet are so sore.
Alison: Yuck, I'm sorry. Let's get you some new shoes.
B: No, the ones I have are fine.
A: But you complain of sore feet every day!
B: I'll just get some insoles.
A: Noooo....It'll be nice to have them when you start your residency.
B: Come on. Insoles will be fine.
A: (getting frustrated) You've had those shoes for two years, it's time for some new ones.
B: No I haven't
A: YES YOU HAVE...I bought them for you. I remember.
B: That's impossible.
A: Not even. (starting to get shrill) I was an intern when I bought them. I had a gift card to Kohl's...that was TWO YEARS ago.
B: Agggh (playful whining)
A: BRANDON. YOU NEED NEW SHOES. THE ONES YOU HAVE SUCK. IT ISN'T GOING TO KILL YOU. WE HAVE THE MONEY.
B: Ok. I'll get new shoes.
A: What?! You will not get new shoes. You are lying to me.
B:Look at yourself! You are getting so worked up over shoes! No wonder you can't sleep at night. You stay up and freak out about my shoes. I'll get some new ones so you can relax.
A: Huh?
B: Really, we can get me new shoes.
A: Oh, OK. OK, well thank you. That'll be good.
B: Feel better?
A: Yeah. That was weird.
B: You're telling me.

Anyways...there you have it folks. Conversations between Control Freak and Captain Thrifty. Luckily Captain Thrifty knows when to throw in the towel. I'll let you how the shoe shopping goes. The last time we did that, Captain Thrifty almost had a melt down. There were witnesses.

9 comments:

Ricky and Kristi Rogers said...

that was fantastic. hilarious!

Samuel R said...

hahahaha

Leslie said...

i want to know what happened last time.

Brandon said...

I'd like to hear Alison's version of what happened last time also.

Clay Allred said...

I really enjoyed that

Shelley said...

That was hysterical -- in both the funny and overwrought way. Thanks for sharing.

Cait said...

How can you have Lady gaga stuck in your head? I can't even understand what she says in that song other than "poker face" and then the low freakish mens voices going muh-muh-muh-muh

Now I have to go look up the lyrics.

Duke~N~Morghan said...

Alison, I love it. Duke usually doesn't put up much of a fight because he knows the next day he will come home to new shoes. And, we just bought Duke some new shoes too. You should look at Nordstrom Rack - that's where we got Duke's Ecco dress shoes for half the price.

Kersten said...

For the record, there is nothing ridiculous about having Lady Gaga stuck in your head.

Nothing ridiculous (or shameful) at all.