Saturday, August 25, 2007

I love the Internet because it helps me watch TV

Brandon and I don't have cable and that's fine. We are both grad students so that = no money. Plus, is watching TV how we want to spend out newly wedded time? It is a question to ponder. Usually I don't miss this lack of cable. Several months ago we joined one of the Buttbuster (aka Blockbuster) plans where you get all the movies you want for $10.00 a month. It totally beats Redbox because you actually get to watch good movies instead of whatever crap is there. Without our wonderful Buttbuster plan, Brandon would have never gotten hooked on Lost seasons I&II, and I would have never seen classics such as The Burbs and all the Rocky's. I actually haven't yet seen Rocky IV, which I guess is supposed to be the best. Anyways, we also used this plan to watch and be thoroughly entertained by the first season of 24 (SO SO SO Good. Jack Bauer is a true American hero).

BUT within the last couple weeks I have secretly secretly wished we had MTV so I could watch The Hills.



The Hills is trash TV at its finest. You get to watch thin, rich, early 20 year olds make bad choices, wear killer clothes, and say 'like' about a billion times each per episode. It is so gratifying. Brandon watches sports, I like trash. It works out well.

Anyways, I was lamenting the fact that I couldn't watch it to a friend and she said these brilliant words, " Do not fret my friend... in this technological age we live in there is no need for cable... you can watch the full episodes online at MTV.com!" Pure Genius, that girl is. So, yesterday afternoon, that is exactly what I did. I watched 3 full episodes of The Hills for free with no commercials on MTV.com. I got to see Heidi and Lauren get in a big fight at a club, see the incredibly tacky mural that Spencer surprised Heidi with, and determine that Audrina always looks strung out. Then I went to work. It was a great day. I don't feel the need to get cable at all anymore. Now I just hope another Real World/Road Rules challenge starts so I can watch that on MTV.com. Hooray for wasting time on the Internet!!

PS, If anyone knows how to get Lost season 3 on the Internet for free or for super cheap, let us know. I am starting to go into Lost withdrawal and I don't think I can make it until December, when the DVD is released.

3 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

Alison, you are hilarious. I really like your writing!

Kristen said...

Alison...I am totally addicted to The Hills too! At school, we spend our lunch hour gossiping about LC and all the rest. I have cable, but can't stay up so late so I live MTV online!

Ryan said...

tv-links.co.uk - It'll have Lost and pretty much anything else you want. You guys should see They Call Me Bruce and the sequel They Still Call Me Bruce. (Ruben and Ed?)