Thursday, August 23, 2007

Celebrity Look-Alike FAQ

Note: This post is in direct relation to the previous two posts. Brandon and I spent last night playing around on www.myheritage.com where we could upload photos of ourselves and then have our images compared to celebrities. We ended up each submiting several pictures of ourselves to the Celebrity Look-Alike thing but only posted the ones that seemed most accurate.

1.) Brandon: How does it feel knowing that you look a lot like some of the most famous actors of our time--Russel Crowe, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Jonathan Taylor Thomas?

It's nothing surprising, you know? I mean, I am a model.

2.) Alison and Brandon, as you two were completing the Celelbrity Look-Alike process, was there a celebrity that both of you looked like?

Funny that you should ask because MyHeritage.com said we both looked like--Jodi Sweetin--aka Stephanie Tanner from Full House. However, Alison looked like the younger Jodi Sweetin:



While Brandon looked like the older Jodi:


We consider it an honor, really, to both carry a resemblance to the former child star and meth addict.

3.) Brandon, was there anyone that Celebrity Look-Alike repeatedly said you looked like?

That is a good question. My face was twice compared to that of James Van Der Beek of Dawson's Creek.



4.) Alison, what about you? Anyone you were repeatedly compared to?

As a matter of fact, yes. Jodi Sweetin. Twice!



5.) Fascinating. Ok, folks. Just a couple more questions. I noticed that there were a couple people on your Celebrity Look-Alike collages that are unrecognizable. Will you take a moment and tell us about these people?

Sure. On Brandon's collage, most people will not recognize Erwin Rommell, a German field Marshall from WWII. He is known for allegedly being involved in a failed plot to kill Hitler.

People are also wondering who Barry Pepper and John Dolmayan are. Barry has had many small roles in movies such as Saving Private Ryan and Flags of our Fathers. John is the drummer from System of a Down. This is what that band looks like:



I personally think they are scary looking. But luckily I don't think my husband is scary looking. At all.

On Alison's collage, people will wonder who Chuck Palahniuk is. He is the writer of best-selling but often twisted and subversive books. His most noted work was Fight Club, which just happened to be one of Alison's favorite movies for many years. These days, she finds that it has too many f-bombs to fully enjoy.



People will also wonder who Zamfir is--and just so there isn't any confusion--he's only the greatest pan flute player the world has ever known.



6.) Oh actually, there is one more question. Alison--how do you feel about resembling so many men?

That's a sensitive subject for me. MyHeritage often said I resembeled men; in fact, one collage said I looked like four men! This is especially curious because the picture we submitted to MyHeritage was one taken at our wedding...a day when I felt extremely feminine. I don't necessarily like this aspect of my Celebrity Look-Alike, but it is what it is, I suppose. At least I look like Jodi Sweetin. That'll keep my estrogen roaring.

4 comments:

Taylor said...

hmmmm. Myheritage said that my husband looked most like brad pitt. but I guess looking like Jodi Sweetin is good too. haha!

Chase said...

I think thats odd because I always thought that Jodi looked like leslie is a way

Alison said...

i always though shawn looked like brad pitt...;). And Chase, I always thought she looked like Leslie too! Wierd. Maybe it was because they were around the same age. XOXOX

Leslie said...

you both thought i looked like Jodi? this changes everything.