Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Obsessions

I'm dividing this post in two. That way I'll be sure to have two posts this month.

I'm currently obsessed with:

1.) Having Pandora on my TV. We got a new TV for Christmas and while it is big and fancy, my favorite feature is that it has an app for Pandora. We now have about a billion stations. It is to the point that whenver I say, "Let's turn on some music!" Russell gets a big smile and bounces up and down in that toddler sort of way--a pre-music dance. A surprising favorite is the Raffi station because in addition to Raffi, it plays Sound of Music, Little Mermaid, Jungle Book, Oldies, and School House Rock. I learned that adding Regina Spektor to my Arcade Fire station made it not cool anymore so I had to delete it and start all over.  I totally have a guilty pleasure station called All the Single Ladies (Beyonce). I 'thumbs-up' some pretty ridiculous pop songs (except for the Katy Perry ones because I hate her) and it makes mopping the floors and getting dinner ready a little funner.  The Kanye West station was a bust, but I shouldn't be surprised. I just wanted to see, you know?
2.) Steel Cut Oatmeal. It is such a deal when you buy that bag at Costco! I once even got Brandon to eat a bowl sans sugar. I think it is growing on him!
3.) Game of Thrones. This one is only a maybe.  I just made it through book one. It was super super long and it kind of reminds me of Pillars of the Earth which I did not like, but I find myself thinking of it all the time. What is going to happen to the Stark family? And isn't that crazy what happened to Daenerys?  

And that's about all for me.  

For Brandon, I'm not even sure. Football's over, so that leaves a major void in his system until next fall. He continues to be obsessed with Blue Bell ice cream and Red Robin.  He found a new reality show to adore, which is fine by me because it is way better than the Bachelor. It is called, The Challenge: Battle of the Exes. You'll have to ask him. And while you do, you should tell him to start blogging again. He was so good at it, remember?

And next time...Russell's obsessions. They are very clear cut.  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

josh said...

Have you heard of Caspar Babypants? He has some fun music and videos on his website. He's the former lead singer of President of the United States. (cali)

Amy said...

Fun insight into you guys! You know Raffi too? I thought we were the only ones on the planet. We LOVE Raffi at our house. His music is almost constantly playing in our car.

Shelley said...

I loved Game of Thrones and the whole series. He is not shy about killing major characters off either. I've read them all. It is worth it.