Friday, September 9, 2011

Etc.

My favorite Russell moments lately have been after his naps. I'll go into his room after I know he's been awake for a while (I usually give him some 'alone' time when he wakes up becaues he's so relaxed and seems content to just coo and be).  I sit on this chair next to his crib, tell him hello, and ask him about his nap. He looks at me, sits up, then picks up one of his stuffed animals and hands it to me. I take it, give it some kisses, and then he gives me the other stuffed animal. I take it, play with it for a few seconds, and then he gives me his blanket. I give the items back to him and we do the whole routine again. It is very sweet. I don't know how long it will last, but for now, it is something I want to remember.

Other things in our lives:
  • Brandon is looking forward to the season finale of the Bachelor Pad, or what I like to call The Show That Brings Out the Worst in Human Behavior. He's captivated though and there is nothing I can do about it.
  • I'm reading Bossypants. It is quite funny although it has swears and is sometimes inappropriate.
  • We are starting a budgeting system and getting it established is kind of a nightmare but it does help me feel more in control so I know it is a good thing. Do ya'll have any tips, resources, or suggestions of things that worked for you?
  • The other day a tarantula attacked me in the garage.  I almost screamed like the time I saw that snake but then I chilled out because tarantulas are actually great little critters. And it really didn't attack me...it just was near me.
  • The below video is from almost a month ago...I haven't uploaded our most recent pictures and media. Anyways, he was just starting to eat grapes and I was bitting off small chunks of them and spitting them onto his tray. That sounds really gross but in case you didn't know, we are birds. I'm the mommy bird and he's the chickie*.  That laugh, though! There's nothing quite like it.

  
*That is not true at all. We are humans.

7 comments:

Taylor said...

Budgeting is tricky. please let me know if you find a good system. we have been slackers about it lately.

Clay Allred said...

I wish we had more tarantulas around here...

Amy said...

Fun post! I love when babies' personalities come out and they start to be playful.

I'd hate to find such creepy critters in my garage! Rattlers and taratulas?? The worst we've gotten are scorpions.

Sharon said...

We used to do price match at walmart and I will make dinner out of the food that are on sale this week. It's hard but then you get trained to use what you have for dinner. It's a skill I believe!

Sharon said...

And what's up with the video? I cant watch it, it says "this video is private" when I tried to watch it.

Gwen said...

about the moments with Russell after his nap - I love that you blogged about that. Even though you think you will never forget, you do....and these are moments worth remembering.

David said...

great post. Love the video. Always pay cash. Never use your debit or credit card. Having to always fork over cash will make you rethink every purchase. You will spend 30% less according to statistics. I never do this myself but have been told it is so.