Wednesday, July 22, 2009

This is What My Life Has Come To

And I'm not complaining. But seriously, why I am writing limericks? And then sharing them with the world wide Internets? Maybe so that the entry about our kitty cat won't be at the top. Update on that one: Brandon says the kitty cat is named Professor Cornelius. Lame right? I told him that and then told him that I changed the cat's name from Delilah to Delilah Garrity which is kind of a tribute to our favorite show, Friday Night Lights. Brandon kind of paused at that one, because the real Lila Garrity is awful purty but then decided to just be stubborn and stick with Professor Cornelius.

Anyways, limericks. They are unexplainable, but I wrote these today. Just for you.

Ode to the Washer

There once was a girl who liked her clean clothes
But she didn’t have a washer which gave her some woes
Then she moved from her city
And she don’t want your pity
Cause now she washes at home; its so fun dontcha know?

This is Probably Why I’m Writing Limericks

Alison’s in Tucson looking for a job
But she don't want one that'll make her sob
Just pay her the big bucks
And don't tell her it sucks
Or she’ll stay on the couch like an ol’ blob

Yup Tucson is Hot

They say that Tucson is hot in the summer
Everyone and their dog thinks it's such a bummer
But actually you lay by the pool
Sipping drinks that are so cool
Now tell me what else could even be funner?

4 comments:

Natalia said...

actually, considering the last few blog post I think your blog is tuning into one of my faves...shhh, don't tell. I am staring to think I may not want you to get a job, purely for my reading pleasure. If you do though, I know where to come if I ever need a sweet image that looks like it was scanned right off a 7th graders binder folder—thank you Brandon.

Shelley said...

You have got to find a job!!!

Samuel R said...

we should go to an open mic night together some time and hear you read your limericks!

David Rogers said...

I like your limericks