He turned a year almost a month ago. Time flies so quickly it freaks me out.
Some 12 mos stats:
- 21.9 lbs--56%
- 29.5 inches long--19% (although we are wondering if that is accurate as we recently measured him shorter)
- Fave Foods: Grapes, Sweet Potatoes, Bread. He can practically stuff an entire banana in his mouth at once, too. It is amazing. We have learned to give him only 3-4 bites at a time because he'll put it all in there. He's not into self-regulating yet. But then again, neither am I.
- Fave Book: Peek-a-Who? (We had to take this one away because he has almost eaten the entire cover). As Brandon said this morning, "That book is literally a part of him"
- Fave Pastime: Walking, Getting into the dishwasher, trying to sneak into the laundry room, playing with a cell phone (preferably a working one), pulling dishtowels off the oven handle, seeing other kids, pointing at stuff, searching underneath his high chair for crumbs.
- Fave Words: None. He jabbers baby gibberish all day...but nothing close to a word yet.
- Dislikes: Getting his diaper changed before bed (torture for everyone involved!), watching Dad leave for work, the hairdryer, and the vacuum...Russell actually made up his own sign for hairdryer and uses it when he sees me getting ready in the morning as if to say, "Are you going to do that scary thing, Mom?" and when I nod and then assure him that it is OK, he starts to pace back and forth, his eyes welling with tears. It is really sad, actually. I get tempted to not do it, but don't because I think it will reinforce that the hairdryer is a scary and bad thing. He'll grow out of it, right?
- Teeth: Top 4, Bottom 4, and a molar is currently pushing through on the top left side...yikes!
|Happy Belated Birthday Son. We are so glad you are ours. Thank you for coming to join us.|